Amazon.com

Everyone told me to list my products on Amazon, so I did. I read the millions of confusing pages of catagories, listing ideas, photo uploads...and finally I did it! I felt a great sense of accomplishment at clearing the hurdles of yet another online store. The products looked great, page seemed as comprehensive as an Amazon page can get, and I was on my way.

Until I received the email about $39.95 being charged to my account this morning.

"Huh?" I said out loud as I read it. Then I went into my Amazon account and searched around about this fee. Couldn't find it. So I called...

Turns out the "30 day fee trial" was for a web store, and I was merely selling items. Confusing? Yes.

"What's the difference?" I asked.

"The icon you clicked to enter the area where you set up the store."

Crap.

So I explained my stupidity and hoped she would feel sorry for me and reverse the charge and make me happy about my account. Instead, she directed me to the page I somehow skipped that explains the fee.

Crap.

Now I'm in a back and forth email conversation with a robot to try and get the account cancelled. As if the phone conversation with the robot wasn't enough.

The worst part is that I'm outraged not only at them, but at myself for somehow missing this! I hate surprise fees, hidden charges...who doesn't? Lesson learned. I'll chalk it up to being naive and try to make it up to myself. Hmmmm, chocolate? Yes.

No comments: